Friday, April 9, 2010

servant's prayer

We sang this song at the Winter Crafting Retreat that I went to back in January. I found the words so powerful and true to my life.


It is You who has brought me to this day,
Who has carried and kept me in Your care.
I look back and I see You in all my years,
And so forward I go, knowing You are there.

May each word from my lips
be a song of good news,
Every touch of my hand be a gift of good grace,
Every beat of my heart be a prayer to You,
And the sum of my days be a life of praise.

May my feet never stumble and never stray
Nor grow weary upon this rocky road
For the path I am on is a narrow way
But I know You are with me so on I go.

May my eyes ever fixed on your kingdom be
As my heart ever longs for joy to come
For my trust is in things that I cannot see
But because of your promise I press on.

Christ before me to guide me on my way
Christ beside me so I am not alone
Christ within me to give me the words to say
Christ behind me to bring the harvest home!








souce: weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment