Thursday, March 18, 2010

exciting things!

Today started out slow and weird, but it has turned into such a wonderful day! First of all FUG MADNESS started on gofugyourself!

Then Ashlee convinced me to go buy running shoes with her. Neither of us are "runners," far from it in fact. Jenny sent Ashlee a link to THIS cool website, so we decided to give it a try.

On the way home from the mall I got a DM from Aimee saying that she featured the headband Ashlee and I made her on her blog. This is my first feature of any kind! I think it is just so sweet of her! It totally made my day!



Plus, a couple days ago I finished my design for art collaboration Promise has put together. It took me so long to figure out what I wanted to do, but once I started the process went quickly. The idea behind the design is that the earthquake was so devasting and caused such chaos and damage, but through help, love, support and prayer there can be new life and growth in Haiti. I have never been a part of anything like this before and I am proud of how my design turned out.

Honestly I believe that creating this design was a test of faith. The whole time I was working on it the devil was sitting on my shoulder discouraging me, causing me to doubt myself and compare myself to others. Instead of letting him get the best of me I claimed God's promises! God has created me! God. Who created the heavens and the earth. He created me! To doubt my gifts and abilities is a slap in God's face. I may not be an "expert" or a "professional" but God has blessed me with creativity. So here it is!

4 comments:

  1. love love love your design! it's so awesome and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to show the final product. :) so glad you could be a part of it. great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That headband is SO cute. :)
    I love the piece that you did too! looks awesome girl. :)

    ReplyDelete