Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Ramen Girl



The other night I crawled into bed early and watched The Ramen Girl on Netflix. I was pleasantly surprised, maybe because in some ways I identified with Brittany Murphy's character, Abby.

At one point she is sobbing in a ramen shop about being 4 years out of college with nothing to show for it. That is exactly how I feel. She said, "Somewhere along the way I just forgot what I wanted to do with my life... "

I am feeling very lost and confused right now. I know that God has my future in His hands, but everything is so unclear. Monday really broke my spirit. Ashlee and I went down to unemployment where I was rejected from receiving Idaho unemployment. I need to call California, but I might not qualify because I may not have made enough in the last quarter. WHICH IS WHY I NEED UNEMPLOYMENT! I don't totally understand it all and there is a chance I can still receive it, but needless to say, it is quite discouraging.

I am jobless, with no prospects.
I am drowning in debt, with no income.

I know this is only temporary, but in the moment this feels all-consuming and rather hopeless. I'm praying and hoping for a change of events, like Abby had in the movie, where she finds something she is passionate about and can put her heart into.

Or at least a job to pay the bills.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Heather, I surfed into your site via "Smile and Wave". I just want to remind you Jer. 29:ll For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    God usually works in small steps not big musical numbers. (ps. around here the pizza business and movie theaters are the places that are making money. Escapism and comfort foods make money during an economic slump. )

    ReplyDelete