Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dear Anonymous Friend,


When I checked the mail this afternoon I was surprised to find a card for me. I wondered who it was from, but there was no return address. I opened it to find $20 and a note that said,

"I read on your blog that you are missing your favorite magazine subscription this year. Though this might help cover the cost. Love, An Anonymous Friend :)"

I was shocked. I may have screamed. Wow.

I just want to say thank you friend, whoever you are. You have made my day. Not only will I be able to afford a subscription to my favorite magazine this year, but you have made me feel incredibly blessed. Your small act of kindness has blown me away. I feel so cared for. Thank you. Each time I pick up a copy of Nylon I will think of you. You are the coolest.

2 comments:

  1. The postmark has the city it was sent from, if you still have the envelope...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I noticed when I got it that it was postmarked from Santa Ana, CA. I know a handful of people there and I still can't seem to figure out who it was from. Although I think I like the not knowing, it sort of makes it more special. :)

    ReplyDelete