Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Creativity

Lately I have been feeling as though I would die if I didn't cut/glue/paint/create something. In high school I took art classes every year. I never thought of myself as an artist, but I loved drawing portraits, painting and making collages. When I was home in June I found all of my old artwork. It was like I found a long lost friend. Who was the girl who did all this art? Did I even know her anymore? She was actually kind of talented. Obviously I don't want to be the person I was in high school. I have changed tremendously and am proud of who I have become. Unfortunately, in growing up and going to college I sort of left art behind.

Yesterday I took charge and went to the craft store with my roommates. We bought canvases, paint, glue, brushes, cards and paper. I spent more than a girl in credit card debt should, but it soothed my soul when I dipped my brush into the paint. I was able to go back and find that girl I used to be. The girl who would spend hours bent over a canvas with paint all over her fingers. I don't think I can begin to describe how refreshing it was. Because I can't afford more canvases right now I am going to start collaging again, maybe even make some greeting cards or something. With only working part time I feel like this will give me something to do in my spare time and help me feel like I have a purpose.

Below is my finished painting. I am by no means a professional artist, but it was sure fun creating this and I'm proud of it. It was inspired by Demi Lovato's song, "World of Chances."




Here is another picture of our finished paintings. (Ashlee, Jenny, Heather)

No comments:

Post a Comment