Monday, September 28, 2009

BIG NEWS


Painting by: Elsie Flannigan


So many things are changing and have been for awhile now.

One major change is finally official.

I am moving home.

At the end of November, Ashlee and I will be moving back to Idaho and Jenny will be moving back to Washington. It has been difficult to make this decision because living with my girls in California has been a fun and amazing adventure, but it is time to take the next step.

In some ways I almost feel like I'm taking a step backwards in moving home, but this really makes the most sense. Actually, many of my friends in their mid-20s are moving home, to get a grip on life and figure out their futures. And there is no shame in that.

In six months I won't be spending almost $3,000 on rent alone. This will help tremendously to get me out of debt, so I can save money.

Plus, I'm kind of over living in California. I do love many aspects of living here because there are so many things to see and do, but I have always known this isn't a forever place for me. I am a Pacific Northwest girl at heart.

I really don't know what my next move is career-wise, but I think that being home will be good for my soul and help me figure out what is next. This is a very bittersweet decision, but it really is for the best.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! So random, but I just figured out that I recognize you from SPU -- I went there too, tho, you may already know that. I feel lame for not making that connection sooner - sorry bout that. Good luck on moving... sometimes it can be a really good change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to miss u heather ur the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^the comment was from me jenny from |st.luke

    ReplyDelete