Saturday, February 14, 2009

here's the thing

I feel like Christian girls have been taught to wait patiently for their prince charming to come and sweep them off their feet.  Maybe that also has to do with all the Disney movies I grew up watching.  It is all about waiting for him to come and find you.  There is nothing wrong with waiting patiently and I do not want to push myself into something that is not according to God's will.  But sometimes it seems so passive to me.  Is love really going to come and find me?  How much is waiting patiently for God's will for your love life and how much is actively taking risks and putting yourself out there?  Where do you draw the line?  I honestly believe that until I am content in God I will not be ready for a relationship.  I believe that God is working on both me and my man to be ready at the same time.  But is God going to give me a notice to inform me when I am officially content?  Then will God drop my future husband at my feet?  How does this work?  How active am I supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment