Monday, October 13, 2008

change

Life has been hard lately.  Not all bad, just hard.  I've come to the conclusion that it is time to make changes in my professional and personal life.  Here is a list I made that I just want to throw out there.

I need to DAILY be in Scripture.  NO EXCUSES.  I cannot feed others if I am not fed.

Do a Bible study.  Apply to life.

Weekly pray with my roommates.  NO EXCUSES there either.  Be open with my roommates.

BE DISCIPLINED.  Spiritually.  Physically.  Ministry.

Exercise.  Get in shape.

I need to make phone calls.  Get into homes.  Get to know the people better.

Connect with people throughout the week, not just Sundays.

Kids Club!  There are so many kids.  What can we do with them?

Contact the high school students.  Bug them until they talk to me.  Form relationships!

Do something with the college agers.  There are so many coming!  Let’s get together.

Teach people what a DCE is.  I’m not here to do it all alone.  I need help.  I need to equip.

Get people to work along side me.  I can’t do this alone.  Get boards on board.

Have a support group from church to pray for me.

Go to SMOG and DCE Etc meetings.  Continue learning. Read ministry related books.

Adjust what happens during office hours.  Create structure in my work.

Get out of my office.  Go where the people are.

Tithe.  Be a good steward.

Go on adventures.  Explore the area.  Hike.

Gain confidence.  Believe in myself.

Be a role model.  Model Jesus.  Be friendly.  Show love.  Be love.

Live a balanced life.

No comments:

Post a Comment