Tuesday, July 1, 2008

she & him

It has been one month since I began my internship.  It is really unbelievable.  To a point I still feel like I do not know what I am doing, but I know that it is going to take time to figure out what my role here looks like.  I can see how I could easily slide by this year and really do/accomplish nothing, but I do not want that to happen.  I am really in a fantastic place; a place of opportunity.  I could really try anything at all.  The church is open to growth and trying new things.  Right now I am still trying to get to know everyone's names and faces, but I have great ideas for fellowship events to build community within the church and invite those in the surrounding communities into the church.  Although my focus at this point is Vacation Bible School; I am the director.  I will get to wear a silly, bright orange shirt, a huge vest and a green bandana.  :)

Something that I am having difficulty with is transitioning from an atmosphere of strict routine, with classes, events and my other responsibilities scheduled for me, to an atmosphere where I am supposed to set my own hours and work completely on my own terms.  I am learning what discipline, motivation and accountability truly are.  I have appreciated the understanding from Pastor and the congregation, that it is taking me time to work all those things out.  They really have let me ease into my position here.  I am so grateful for that.

During this amazingly big transition of my life I have experienced "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding."  Really.  True, beautiful, unexplainable peace.  I am pushing worry, with full force, out of my life.  There are so many unknowns in my life that have been driving me crazy, but I began to reflect on my life up to this point.  I can clearly see God's work in my life, His provisions, blessings and abundant love.  Wow.  Really, what do I have to worry about?  I have no doubt that God will work those unknowns out and bless me more than I can imagine.

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how WIDE and LONG and HIGH and DEEP is the love of Christ, and to know this LOVE THAT SURPASSES KNOWLEDGE- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY MORE than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:17b-21

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment