Friday, July 18, 2008

excerpts from Paris Hangover

I realize maybe I'm just happy I have been a part of his life, able to be inspired and forever connected to this fascinating creature. It's true, I miss being in awe of the man I'm with, amazed at his constant thirst for knowledge, excellence, creativity. But I think I can accept that happens unbelievably rarely in life and I am forever changed for knowing him. And that might be enough.

A quote from Marcel Proust: "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness, which no one can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world."

Everything is slowed down here. This relaxed, lacksadaisical approach to life just takes everything down a notch on the stress meter. It's not so important what you do, especially what you do for a living. It's just important that you be. Be in the moment, be who you are, be consistent in your rituals and habits instead of always chasing the trendy and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment