Friday, April 11, 2008

i know!

I will be serving my DCE internship at St. Luke Lutheran Church in Claremont, California. I did some google-mapping and I have learned that Claremont is about 35 miles from Los Angeles, 45 miles from Irvine and about 10 miles from the Ontario Airport. I am really excited about my placement!

From the packet of information I was given I know that Claremont is a university town and my church has about 150 members. My job description includes teaching the first year of confirmation, organizing and staffing VBS, developing a youth ministry, giving children's sermons twice a month and much more.

As nervous as I am to have all those responsibilities I am so excited and I have such peace that this is truly where God wants me to be.

I think my dad and I might drive up that way tomorrow and just check out the area.

Finally I can breathe a great sigh of relief, because I know where I will be this next year!

The ceremony was wonderful and I was so blessed to have not only my dad there, but also Eric, Michelle, her husband, Shelli, sweet Megan, my roomies and so many friends from campus there to share it with!

I would really love to write more about the ceremony and where other interns are placed (Reno, Dallas), but today has been soooo long and I am about to fall out of my chair in exhaustion.

So, goodnight.

Heather
DCE Intern
St. Luke Lutheran
Claremont, California

No comments:

Post a Comment