Sunday, September 9, 2007

everybodys got a water buffalo

A lot has happened since my last post. I went to Disneyland on Labor Day...for the entire day. It was a lot of fun, it felt like I went on every ride there. It was also the hottest day ever...108 degrees, because it was so hot it was not crowded at all. By the end of the day I had heat exhaustion. I almost got sick when I got home, but I laid down with a couple bags of ice and fell asleep. That same night the power went out at 10pm because it was so hot and didn't come back on until 3 in the morning. I felt so much better in the morning.

The rest of the week went by quickly with classes and homework. Friday night I went with Jesse (the other field work student) and his girlfriend, Bethany to Huntington Beach for a bonfire for the junior high students and their families. It was amazing!!!! Jesse and one of the kids went swimming and Bethany and I rolled up our pants and let the waves wash over our feet. It was the best feeling in the world! Bethany and Jesse suggested that one Sunday after church we go to the beach at Corona Del Mar. I think the beach is my new favorite place! On the way back to school we stopped at Stricklands for milkshakes....I'm glad we did, they have the best milkshakes! Then I hung out with Eric and his friends and played Apples to Apples.

Today was a long day! I went to church early for rally day and the late service. Then after running some errands I didn't get back until almost 1:30. This afternoon consisted of Doctrine homework and football. I didn't want to go out again, but went to the high school youth group tonight. I'm glad I did, the kids were all friendly and so funny. Before I left the leader, Rich told me that the young adult group is going to Mexico this weekend to play with the children at an orphanage and invited me to come along. I need to check my schedule, but that would be an awesome experience.

I wanted to write more about the classes I am taking and what I am learning because it is incredible, but I am fading quickly because it has been such a long day. I will try and find some down time this week to write more.

Goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment