Thursday, September 27, 2007

Come So Far, Got So Far To Go

I am exhausted. I have run myself ragged, but I have no choice but to keep going. Yesterday about broke me apart. It was not bad, just long and emotional. Luckily just when I was about to fall apart I got a card in the mail from Ashlee. It was just what I needed. She told me to take some time for me, which I know I have desperately needed. So tonight I went to the dollar theatre by myself and saw Hairspray. It was nice to just sit back, watch an amazing movie and not worry about everything I have to do. I'm glad the lights were off; I must have looked like a big dork with my goofy grin, trying my hardest not to sing along. If anyone reading has not seen the new Hairspray movie, get up from the computer and go to the nearest theatre....NOW! It is officially one of my top five favorite movies! I just can't get enough of it! (Tonight was the third time I have seen it in theatres.)

On a new note, I met my Language Partner. I don't know if I wrote about that before; there are international students whose English is not quite up to par, so they are paired with other students to help them practice their English. My partner is MJ (Min-Joo), she is from Korea and is such a sweetheart. Today I had lunch with her and her friend Daphne who is also from Korea. It will be fun to get to know them both better over the semester.

Oh, I don't think I have written since I started work. I am a student caller for the Alumni Association's Phonathon. I hate it. Luckily it is temporary, but I want to call in tomorrow and quit. If only money grew on trees.

Hmmm....what else?

Sunday Eric and I went to a baseball game. It was the Mariners versus the Angels. I felt out of place in my blue Ibanez shirt in the sea of red and white. It didn't stop Eric and me from cheering our hardest. I guess the Mariners didn't get the memo that I was going to be there and they didn't pull out their super skills for a win. We sat next to a young teenage boy and his dad who were Angels fans. The boy kept giving us a hard time, but it was all in good fun. We actually had some Mariners fans a few seats down on the other side of us. It was a sad loss, but I am glad I got to go. It was like seeing a little piece of home.

Speaking of which........in precisely two weeks from right now I will be in SEATTLE! Woohoo! I am going for midterm break. I can't believe mid-term is only a couple weeks away! I have so much to do before then and so much to accomplish before the semester is over. I have a strong feeling that this year is going to fly by.

Oh my! It is getting late quickly! I better get to bed so I can get up early tomorrow and run around crazy as usual. I have to be up bright and early f0r a meeting.

Goodnight friends.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete